Monday, March 17, 2008

Pete Bromberg: More Than Meets The Eye!

I am honored to be the one to announce on behalf of the entire Library Garden crew that our own Pete Bromberg has been chosen as one of Library Journal's Movers and Shakers for 2008!

We are so proud and happy to congratulate Pete on his wonderful and well-deserved designation as "Transformer" for the library community!

In his role as a Transformer, Pete has spearheaded many projects for the South Jersey Regional Library Cooperative while delivering "state-of-the-art" trainings and programs. He is also a fearless leader here at the Garden and never fails to inspire us, whether with his posts or in our conversations.

Pete is in excellent company as a Mover and Shaker, as you can see from the list compiled here. Personally, I want to congratulate Pete and thank him - in many ways I would not be where I am today if not for him. We are all so pleased for him to receive national recognition for all he has contributed to librarianship here in the Garden State and across the country. Never one to toot his own horn, Pete is truly a self-less person "hard-wired with a built-in desire to help," and it's lucky for all of us that he is!

Cheers, Pete! You truly RAWK!

Don't reprimand me too harshly for doing this! ;-) You deserve to be celebrated by all! :-)




11 comments:

  1. Let me chime in with a big old "Yeah That" to everything Amy said! Congratulations on an honour well-earned and most deserved.

    I was just thinking, it was 9 years ago this month that we first met at NJ Train-the-trainer and my career has been so richly rewarded by being in involved with TTT and by meeting you (and many other TTT trainers too).

    I look forward to being at the Mover and Shaker Lunch with you in Anaheim and cheering loudly when your name is called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well-deserved honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very richly deserved! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! Way to go Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone :-) Amy, why would I reprimand you when I paid you $50 to post this? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Way to go Pete! I can't think of a more deserving person.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Pete - keep doing your moving and "transforming".

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom Nielsen10:25 AM

    Hey Pete,
    Congratulations! Ever since we started at the EPA Region 2 Library, I knew you would have a steep career trajectory. Keep climbing, my friend.
    You help us all look good!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  10. ::throws biodegradable confetti at Pete:: CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pete, I am really proud of you and enriched by your inspirational leadership. Your voice and point of view are vitally important to all of us. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete